Iam applying fo graduate studies at USA i need to write about my project on plc

rohini

hi friends,

frankly speaking I dont know much about the latest technology regarding plc so if you can help me out with this it will be very good.

I need to write my statement of Purpose(sop) in which i need to state my work at the graduate level ie.. regarding my final year project ie..PLC.

so waiting for your reply
bye

Latest technologies are

More and more open technologies and networks - Till 1990, PLCs were proprietary and manufacturers don't promote any open systems. But after the big leap in IT now ,market become so competitive that there is no other way around for manufaturerers than going for open systems/networks which can support third party connectivity/higher level languages. So now PLCs comes even with open OS ( Wind CE ) , they support C,C++ , DLLs like higher level languages, They support ethernet,internet,bluetooth, wireless GSM/CDMA connectivity , they have embedded web servers, they can send emails/sms

BTW, r u from bangalore?

With due respect ,if you are actually going to study this to degree level , wouldn't it be better to try and find out this sort of stuff for your self . I assume you are not buying the degree from the university of kellogs or whatever - time to take a mature attitude to your studies . Too many people seem to post questions like how can I plc a traffic light sequence , etc etc , which explains why there are so many so called process control /PLC engineers who can't program for toffee.