Siemens S7-400 PLC communication

Jing Zhi

Dear all

Also, my plant have this Siemens S7-400 PLc, now i have the Step 7 software in my laptop. my question:

1 what kind of cable i should be use for connect from PLC to laptop?
2. How can I download the programm from PLC to my laptop?

Best wishes
Charly Jing( P. R. of China)

1: If you have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, I recommend the new USB adapter. 6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0

ALternatives are:
Serial adapter. 6ES7972-0CA23-0XA0 (slow speed !).
CP5512 PCMIA adapter 6GK1551-2AA00 (Windows 2000 or Windows XP only !).

2: When you are online, you can use the function "upload station to PG". That will copy everything from the PLC to the laptop. But there will be no symbols or comments !

Last edited:
Hi try this out

1 Just use MPI cable,through protocol converter , rem. to have mpi card installed on your PG, go to set PC/PG menu and set the adress to 2,This is uploading station ,
Create a new file ie file New
Go to tool menue
select uploading station icon
pop window
select view
say OK.

it will upload station ie plc user programme without symbolic adressing
:rolleyes: