RecipePlus

byeager

Hi,
I am new to the forum and fairly new to working with PLCs. I am currently self-teaching while working on a project for my company. I am having some trouble setting up a new Recipe Plus database that will be used through the Panelview Plus 7.

Basically, what I need to happen is to create about 100 recipes with all the same ingredients but different data values. I was able to make a basic "practice" set but I can only get it to save in the HMI project. It will be stored externally eventually.

The problem I keep running into is that the values save to all of the units rather than individually. Also, when I try to bring up the .rpp files it only provides me with one rather than one for each unit. If someone could possibly steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I figured out the issue with data values saving on all units rather than individual, but the next big thing I am trying to figure out is how to use something like a .csv file to create the recipes/units then load into the projects. Thanks in advance.

The next big thing I am trying to figure out is how to use something like a .csv file to create the recipes/units then load into the projects. Thanks in advance.

You can't use plain text for the RecipePlus feature.
That is not supported.

But in the Recipe editor in FTView Studio you can select the table grid then copy/paste into Excel.

You will want to create all the Data Sets that you need first (100 was it?).
It sounds like you will have the same number of ingredients for all, and only one tag set.

You should be able to copy/paste back into your recipe from Excel.

You can't use plain text for the RecipePlus feature.
That is not supported.

But in the Recipe editor in FTView Studio you can select the table grid then copy/paste into Excel.

You will want to create all the Data Sets that you need first (100 was it?).
It sounds like you will have the same number of ingredients for all, and only one tag set.

You should be able to copy/paste back into your recipe from Excel.
Thank you for the help. I guess I was kind of looking for confirmation that it is not an option to do. I will give your suggestion a shot. It would be a lot easier updating it like that. Thank you very much.