Panelview Plus 1000 + SLC 500 Control

adam.bridgman

Hello,

I read a thread about someone wanting to close a window and latch a bit with the same button and the reply was that you need to use control logix to close the window when the bit is latched.

But how do you set up control logix to control the panelview display. I heard that I can use the message element to control it. If this is true how do I use it and how do I set it up? If it is not true then how do I control it?

Secondly I am having trouble with communications. I am using ethernet, and I have two PLCs, the panelview, and the PC all connected to it. The PC is communicating properly with all of them, but they are not communicating to each other. I don't have communication set up for panelview in rslogix but I have the PLC set up in PanelBuilder32.

Summary
how do I set up communications between the panelview and the PLCs and also how do I close a PanelView window with the PLC.

Thanks in advance.

Okay first off, is it a Panelview 1000 standard? Or Panelview Plus 1000?

You mention panelbuilder32...that app won't program a PV+. You need RSView Studio Machine Edition (RSView ME) to do that.

If it's an older Panelview 1000, then you can use the PanelBuilder32 system control words to tell it what screen number to display, and monitor the currently displayerd screen number via the system status words.

Correction

I apologize. It is a PV+ and I am using RSViewStudio Machine Edition. I was just reading other posts and came to the conclusion that panelbuilder was a portion of ME. So to clarify I am using RSLogix 5000 and RSView Studio Machine Edition V4. However the panel is still using v3.2 so I have to rollback when I compile the runtime application.

Hope you can still help.

adam.bridgman said:
I apologize. It is a PV+ and I am using RSViewStudio Machine Edition. I was just reading other posts and came to the conclusion that panelbuilder was a portion of ME. So to clarify I am using RSLogix 5000 and RSView Studio Machine Edition V4. However the panel is still using v3.2 so I have to rollback when I compile the runtime application.

Hope you can still help.
No Problem...A/B really should have called the Panelview Plus series something besides PanelView...

I know very little about RSViewME.

You can update the firmware in the PV+ to v4.0 or compile your app as the old version if I recall correctly.

Have a look at this and see if it helps...

RSViewME_page_control.JPG