2 questions regarding WinCC & S7

mi91240

I am learning S7 & WinCC. I have two question regarding WinCC & S7.

1) WinCC how communicate with S7. In our plant S7-414H PLC and WinCC HMI have been used. If in WinCC no data is coming from S7 then which network diagram i need to check in S7? What is the interval of S7 sending data to WinCC ?

2) WinCC & OPC how they communicate each other?

1, Your choice of MPI, Profibus or Ethernet. You have to add the Siemens protocol suite to the tag management section of your ptoject.
2, I haven't needed to use the OPC part yet, but if you want to export information from WinCC to something else, you can setup WinCC as an OPC server.

Similar Topics

I have an application where I am trying to replace a PC to PC communication function with a PLC to PC communication. This would allow me to...
Replies
Views
I am trying to load a new tag database into a Wonderware application. When I use DBload I get an instp error. Wonderware "help" states that the...
Replies
Views
1. Breaking into the Industry: Most of the jobs require at least 2 years of experience and familiarity with certain PLC hardware and software...
Replies
Views
I am a PLC novice. here are my questions about controllogix, RSlogix and firmware. 1) Do Controllogixs come with RSLogix, or does AB sell...
Replies
Views
We are getting close to making a decision on our servo motor drives selection but we need some unbiased recommendations and comparisons of each...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom