S7 1200 HSC Speed Configuration

after you change it to frequency, try compiling and saving the project, then downloading the whole project to the PLC again.

Actually how dose one download the hardware configuration. all i do is change the setting on the hardware configuration and click save. in the programming view you can click the actual download button. what is the procedure for downloading the hardware configuration?

As far as I am aware, you just have to select the PLC in the project tree, then click the download button. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Usually, if I make a configuration change with like the HSC instruction, I'll make the change, save the project, compile the project (I don't always do this step but it seems to prevent some problems), click the PLC, then click the download button.

Follow the prompts on the download windows, If it gives you the option to delete all or replace all, select it.

Hello

I have configured a High Speed Counter on the S71200 PLC and it is counting the frequency of pulses. The response of the counter however seems quiet slow. ie when the speed of the pulse sensor changes the counter is slow to pick up the change. I have carried out a very simple configuration no HSC Ctrl block etc used. I have hear that HSC require an interrupt? is this true and if so how is this set on the HSC on the S71200

thanks

I am having a similar problem configuring a HSC. I have followed the Siemens manual to the letter without success (I find Siemens manuals to be cryptic in the extreme). I want to calculate the frequency of pulses generated but can't figure out how the counter is supposed to be set up. Is it essential that I use a cyclic interrupt block? If anyone could post a screenshot of the configuration I would be most grateful. .