Micro 820 with hmi

cdnrookie

Good morning guys,
We have a small project that we would like to use an existing micro 820 and proface 3201

Before I spend hours researching the best way to do this, are there any suggestions? I've had a hard enough time just figuring out the 820! I don't find the software to be very intuitive

What is it you are wanting done? I don't know anything about the "Proface 3201" But I have used the 820 with "Modbus Addressing and Ethernet Tags and both function just as they should. We use the 820/810 for all kinds of small project and have had outstanding success.

We just want to monitor some inputs and ouputs on a few machines,

The issue I run into immediately is finding some documentation on the cabling from the 820 to the proface, seems everything is setup for the 850 serial

I guess to be clearer, im hoping for a pinout from the 820 to the proface rs232,

Both have ethernet capabilities, but would like to keep that open