OT -T-shirt diagram

John Soltesz

OK guys, my wife got me a T-shirt for Christmas, see attached, and now that it is getting warm I guess it is time to wear it.
So it's got an electronic diagram of a power supply on it. I looked at it and thought it looked wrong.
The lower diode is in backwards? And I am not so sure of the rest. It has been over 40 years since Circuits 101.
Comments? Should I ask for a recall of all T-shirts sold?

diagram on t shirt.jpg

OK guys, my wife got me a T-shirt for Christmas, see attached, and now that it is getting warm I guess it is time to wear it.
So it's got an electronic diagram of a power supply on it. I looked at it and thought it looked wrong.
The lower diode is in backwards? And I am not so sure of the rest. It has been over 40 years since Circuits 101.
Comments? Should I ask for a recall of all T-shirts sold?

Do you want to be labelled as discriminating? :)

It's certainly NOT part of a power supply. As far as I can tell this is part of a radio circuit: modulator or detector of some kind, might even be part of an exotic form of an oscillator. But the circuit shown is only part of the whole.

YES!!! Have not been fiddling with radio circuitry these last 10 years, but apparently my memory is not as bad as I thought it had become :ROFLMAO:

I have been thinking of getting one of these:

560.jpg

My Wife got me this one online a couple of years ago...

Tech_2.jpeg

...I liked it but it was too small. It's still knocking around here somewhere.

My Son got me this one just this year...

Tech_1.jpg

...and it does fit. I've worn it into work a couple times to ruffle some Engineering feathers. When they try to shoot it down I just reply..."If you need someone to fix those feathers for you, you know where I am." Or, when they are looking inquisitively at it for the first time..."If you're having trouble reading what it says, that's because my work clothes have dirt on them."

Yeah, none of those complicated Electronic circuit t-shirts here. But we do have a printout of this hanging up in the office...

circuit_diagram.png

But since the New Year I'm now the "Electrical Engineer" at the plant. So I've some job living all the slagging down. Karma...

Regards,
George