SLC 5/04 - HSCE2 problems - processor fault

Robotroc

Hy guys,

I think i have a little problem with my old HSCE2 module for SLC 5/04 processor. Well ... i can't acces the M0 file from module !! Does anybody knows how ? I what to configure my module like this: ring count, X4 quad,operating mode 1, and other M0 setings. The problem is: When i press the I/O module config. and i select the M0 lenght .. so i whant to put 4 or 3 or even 1, when i go online, my processor goe's to fault and say something that's a problem with my HSCE2 module memory. When i put 0 ( zero ) to M0 lenght work's fine but i can't acces the M0 words and i can't configure my module to count as i want.

Thank you very much

Have a nice day !

Hy guys,

I think i have a little problem with my old HSCE2 module for SLC 5/04 processor. Well ... i can't acces the M0 file from module !! Does anybody knows how ? I what to configure my module like this: ring count, X4 quad,operating mode 1, and other M0 setings. The problem is: When i press the I/O module config. and i select the M0 lenght .. so i whant to put 4 or 3 or even 1, when i go online, my processor goe's to fault and say something that's a problem with my HSCE2 module memory. When i put 0 ( zero ) to M0 lenght work's fine but i can't acces the M0 words and i can't configure my module to count as i want.

Thank you very much

Have a nice day !

The HSCE2 Class 4 CONFIGURE button from i/o config. isn't active ! why ? :(..

I just finished one of these things yesterday. Mine was linear, not ring, but I'm sure its something small. Are you using a load routine to for the card parameters, or just doing it in the output table ?

I just finished one of these things yesterday. Mine was linear, not ring, but I'm sure its something small. Are you using a load routine to for the card parameters, or just doing it in the output table ?

I don't know how to config. it because i can't acces the M0 file. Can u send me your project pls ( only encoder setup )?

The error is : "Slot 1 has a M0-M1 file configuration error - user program M0-M1 file size exceeds capacity of the module."

thank's

Last edited:
- Here you go, I used example 2 for a Class 4, Mode 1 encoder for initialization. I edited the table for a linear encoder, not ring.

I reset the encoders with a MVM from the HMI.

XIC B3:1/0 OSR B3:1/1 MVM N16:0 0002H #O:30.1

XIO B3:1/0 OSR B3:1/2 MVM N16:1 0002H #O:30.1

Data Table.jpg