Calling All Allen Bradley Masters.......

Vetteboy

I have a tricky problem with a PLC 5/25 we have. Every time I bring up the project in RSLogix and go to online mode, I get a matching file not found, and have to upload the processor with the file's descriptions, etc.

I decided to go online without the Project file and save the project right off the PLC to see what would happen. It did the same the thing when I used that file to go online.

So I did a Compare between my files and the processor and for some reason there is a huge discrepancy in total memory words used. When you open the original project or the saved upload it shows 14000 total words in the processor. When you compare that to the actual processor it is 10000.

So this persistent difference between them really has me stumped as to what I can do to fix this. Has anyone else ever run into this?

Never had that before...

Have you tried downloading the "good" offline file and see what happens? It maybe that your online program has been damaged... :confused:

Stop knocking yourself out on this. This is normal!!

This is normal for the standard (classic) PLC-5 processors. This has to do with a checksum calculation RSLogix looks for but the older processors do not generate.

Here is the technote from the Rockwell Knowledgebase

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications%5Ckb%5CRAKB.nsf/0/909FA58D7C78758885256AFB0056E638?OpenDocument

"..........Classic PLC-5s (5/10, 5/12, 5/15, 5/25) don't have a checksum calculation – it's zero by definition. Therefore, when connecting to a Classic PLC-5, you will always be prompted with "No Matching File Found". This is also the case in a Enhanced PLC-5 (any other model) when the program has no rungs and when the checksum calculation hasn't completed...................."

OG

Thanks again Operaghost. I owe you for quite a lot of knowledge over the years........

Vetteboy