Studio 5000 VERY Laggy

CJlikesCHAIRS

So this last week, my Studio 5000 has been laggy to the point where I can't use it. It has been working on my computer for a long time now, perfectly with V28 and V30. Now I can't even scroll through my controller tags without having the program freeze and lock up for a little bit. It doesn't crash, but makes it almost impossible to get anything done.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this before? Any known fixes?

I also keep my laptop (W7) updated at all times and have never had an issue in the last 5 years. I uninstalled the most recent updates (that I thought were the issue) and still no fix.

Is it the same whether you are online / offline?

If only whilst online it could be your processor being over-utilized and not having enough spare processing time for communications.

I don't get the option to "Uninstall" Adobe... DC, the option disappears when I select it, see pic....

Any ideas how to proceed ?

2017-08-25_220020.jpg

@Daba:

You need to uninstall program, not an update.
Your screenshot shows that you are on the "updates".

@Daba:

You need to uninstall program, not an update.
Your screenshot shows that you are on the "updates".

That is exactly the same as the screenshot from the knowledgebase article linked above, which specifically says

KB1057708 said:
To check if the update is installed on the computer go to Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> View installed updates.

2017-08-27_130627.jpg 2017-08-25_220020.jpg

I don't know about knowledge base details
I ended up uninstalling program and it resolved the issue

My bad, didn't read the entire article....

KB1057708 said:
Workaround

Unfortunately, it is not possible to uninstall just this particular update, so the only workaround at the moment is to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from Start --> Control Panel --> Programs and Features.

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

Accepting edits

Has anyone had further issues than this with the Adobe update affecting Studio 5000 Designer v30? I also had the lagging issue but found out about uninstalling Adobe. That certainly helped with the lagging issue. However, now when I just try to accept an edit, it locks up to the extent that my whole PC is frozen and I have to manually force a shut down of the entire thing and start my PC back up. I was thinking that it was a problem with my laptop so I tried one of the other guys here, and his did the same thing.

This is a new assembly line that just came in. The Controls guy from the vendor that programmed it initially, had the lag issue starting after the Adobe update. He was able to unistall Adobe, and can make changes without issue. But there is something to do with our local laptops, that's still messed up....like an Mircrosoft Adobe-like program that's pushed down by our IT admin that he may not have, being from a different company??? I'm grasping at straws now.o_O

I haven't had anything THAT severe from the recent Adobe issue. As you said, I would start looking through some programs you have and see if there is anything Adobe related and get rid of it. Add-ons might not have been deleted when you uninstalled for example.