CCW & older versions of Linx

andy_1983

Hi ,

I've recently installed CCW V12. With that install, I seem to have upgraded Linx from my previous V2.58, to V4.11.

I don't really want Linx V4.11 - long story why....

The question is can CCW V12 work with Linx V2.58? I'd just have a go, but I've not got a PV800 to hand to test with....

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I would think that you could try it without the HMI or PLC... if you make a program and attempt to download Linx will open and you will get a message 'failed' then you should be able to click 'retry' it will open RSLinx and you can see your drivers, guessing if you make it that far it will work with the older version Linx with a newer version of CCW, I would think that the issue would be opening and running.

I checked mine and I am running a newer versions on them.

Andy,

CCW V12 will not work with Linx V2.58 because is does not support the Micro 800 hardware and any other HMI and drives hardware CCW 12 may communicate with. When you installed RSLinx version V4.11 it added all the hardware support drivers to communicate to the newer hardware. The version of RSLinx you need is really defined by the hardware you plan on communicating with.

CCW V12 will not work with Linx V2.58 because is does not support the Micro 800 hardware and any other HMI and drives hardware CCW 12 may communicate with.

blftech, you just need to upload the EDS from the controller, when you get the ? with the unrecognized device, right click on the device in RSLinx and select upload EDS...

Andy, I dont have 2.58 but I have 2.57, see below, again I dont think you will have any issues if CCW will open your older version of RSLinx

Untitled.png

Thanks for the help Guys.

I've uninstalled V4.11, and installed V2.59 (it was V2.59 I had before rather than V2.58, that I originally stated)

Anyway, it's looking like it might work. I've gone through the process of downloading again, and right up to failing because the PV800 was not connected it worked.

I actually got the PV800 symbol in Linx too - so either V2.59 supported PV800, or maybe the EDS file was left on my laptop from when I uninstalled V4.59.

I had to sort this out as we are all supposed to keep to the same version of software at our company. not only that but V4.59 doesn't support programming the old Panelviews using PB32 - and we've got about 200 of those in service still! I found a work round for this in another post, but this will keep me out of any aggro with our standards guys!

Thanks again

Andy