FTView ME - Version

padees

Yes, I was sucked into the dark side… LOL

I don’t work with these PanelViews but have dabbled in the past, so know my way around a bit.

This is a PV+7 Performance. 2711PT15C22D9P

Anyway, this unit replaced an older VersaView a few years ago that may have used V6.1 on that. A person I use to work with (both he and I worked for the same company, but both of us have left) updated this. He doesn’t remember which version he used.

From the manual, it states that V8.1 seems to be the starting point for these new terminals.

To keep it short, is there any way to tell which version was used from the terminal itself?

I bought the software a couple days ago and downloaded every version but haven’t installed yet. Nope, no VM on this machine.

Maybe just pull the mer off and update to V11?

Just trying to avoid complications…

The VersaView would have had ME Station installed, since it is a Windows PC and doesn't come with any runtime on it. So you'd have to investigate what version of ME Station was installed on the VersaView.

You can compile MER's to run on PVP terminals at the firmware revison that is installed on them or lower. So let's say you have v8.1 softare, and are worried the terminal might have v10 firmware, the terminal will run your v8.1 application. It just wouldn't run a v11 application if it had v10 firmware.

Also, there isn't much point in having every vesion unless you are using VM's, they don't install along side eachother like Logix5000/LogixDesigner. And before you go experimenting, never try to downgrade your version of FactoryTalk, you will regret it.

When you open the application made from the mer, it will tell you it is xxxx and if you continue it will convert to version 11. Go ahead and do that. You will know what version it was and you can re-create a .mer of the same version or upgrade to 11.