OT: Subscription billing

My question was, if I would use a Flexy (it doesn't look like it has built in Node Red) is there any reason we shouldn't be able to write directly from the Flexy to our cloud database via MQTT??

We are just taking different routes and I couldn't say which is better; Your solution sounds easier to implement.

The Flexy205 does not run Node-red and that is why I have used MQTT as go-between. I haven't yet involved a database only a live dashboard.

Nick

Capture.PNG

We are just taking different routes and I couldn't say which is better; Your solution sounds easier to implement.

The Flexy205 does not run Node-red and that is why I have used MQTT as go-between. I haven't yet involved a database only a live dashboard.

Nick

Cool. I will need to study into MQTT a bit more. We are using a database so that historical data is stored on the cloud and not on the device itself. That way when anyone wants to look back in history it doesn't have to pull it from the gateway itself. Esp since most of our systems will likely be on cellular routers.

Thanks for giving me some insights on how you are doing it! Was glad to learn!!