Logix 5000 Add-on Instruction - Fast way to change timer preset values universally?

CJlikesCHAIRS

So I have timers in an add-on instruction that work perfect, however I want to change the preset values in all of the instances at once (about 45 instances). Right now, when I change the value in the add-on logic, I need to go to controller tags and change the data type of them (to anything else) then change it back to the correct add-on. Not hard, but annoying to have to explain to the field guys.

Is there a faster way to do this?

You could create a new input parameter in the AOI and move it into the timer preset in the AOI logic.

Then create a PLC tag and assign it to that input parameter for every instance of the AOI. Change the value of the PLC tag to change all of the timer presets.

Good idea, that's great for when I have no idea what the preset might be, and the field guys might have to try a bunch of times. Thanks!