Panelview +7 / FactoryTalk View Studio downgrade question.

CJlikesCHAIRS

Is it possible to downgrade the version of development in a backup "APA" file? I am using v11 and a client only have v10 and was hoping to make some changes.

If I make a v10 runtime "MER" file, then they restore it, will it be in v10? even though my development is v11 and theirs is v10?

Also is it possible to flash the PVP7 down to v10 from v11?

Thank you in advance for any help/insight.

I called Rockwell up a few weeks ago with a similar question, they said you can indeed flash a PV+7 back to previous version of Factirytalk. I’ve not tried to do it myself yet, but I need to do one soon, so any tips would be great!

Never been able to test compiling in a lower version and restoring it in a lower version....

Andy

Yes you can downgrade firmware in a PV+. It's the same procedure as upgrading, you are just replacing the firmware. There will be limits, a minimum/maximum firmware for a specific model.

You can not downgrade version in an APA file. However, when you restore a runtime file in Studio, you make a project that is the version of your Studio. (You can't make any other version)

When you want to send your application to the person running v10, compile the runtime as v10 (the default for you will be v11). They will be able to restore it. The only exception I have ran across is if you are using ActiveX controls.