setting the plc time in the wago 750-862

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know someone out there has code to programmatically set the plc time and date.
It would save me a ton of time if anyone could share this w/ me.
I want to have the hmi send the current time and date to the plc maybe like once every hour or so?

I don't know specifically about the 750-862 you mentioned, but many Wago models have an option to configure it as an NTP client. Basically this means that at fixed intervals it synchronizes the RTC in the PLC with the NTP server. If your HMI can be an NTP server then that would be the way to go, imho.

I don't know specifically about the 750-862 you mentioned, but many Wago models have an option to configure it as an NTP client. Basically this means that at fixed intervals it synchronizes the RTC in the PLC with the NTP server. If your HMI can be an NTP server then that would be the way to go, imho.

wow, I never thought of making the HMI the ntp server.
Great idea!!!

Only downside I see w/ that, is that I would have to give the HMI a static address.

I don't know anything about the "Wago"!

But this is how I do it.

I program the HMI to get its time from an Internet Service (HMI does not need a Static Ip for this feature).

Then I have a macro that runs every 6 hours and in the macro, I have a "Trigger".

So this is what happens.

The Hmi updates seven TAGS in the PLC
Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, DayOfWeek

Then with a function block, I fire the trigger and it updates the PLC clock.

Just another Idea!

You could use the library "SysLibRtc.lib" should be in your system, just add library to the project.
I think it is all you need.

Wago_RTC.jpg