How to increase PROFINET communication speed between PLC and converter

ks43514

Hello,

please help me with my problem.

My application is positioning with Basic positioner of Sinamics S110 (CU305). I use absolute positioning and send position setpoint from S7-1200, in OB30 cyclic interrupt block. Hardware configuration is S7-1214 connected with PROFINET to SINAMICS S110 and KP700 Comfort. To communicate between PLC and converter I use Free telegram 8/8 PZD and DPRD_DAT, DPWR_DAT blocks, PROFINET communication.

I made test program in which I send (different) reference to converter from cyclic interrupt block every 100ms. But I saw that references from some (for example every third cycle) cycles weren't sent. My conclusion is that communication is to slow. Same reference value lasts for ~130 ms so delay is ~30 ms.

Is there any way to speed up communication and receiving reference?

30 ms seems crazy long time for Profinet.
I have a medium sized Profinet system where the update time is 2 ms.
It is possible to manipulate the Profinet parameters, but I doubt that this is where the problem lies.
Check the set update time in the HW Configuration (I dont know how since I dont know S7-1200).

Maybe the problem is in the execution time of the main program.
Even if you send in every OB30 call, it wont help if the setpoint hasnt changed since the previous OB30 call.

I think I would call my epos control block from ob1 and trigger my move command faster.
Since your doing absolute moves, you can do constant transfer moves too