SoMachine Persistent Variables

tmorgan

I am trying to find a way to store the persistent variable values in SoMachine before doing a firmware update. The update wipes the PLC and I lose the PV's. I need to be able to store them and then reload them after the update. Any ideas would be appreciated.

These are 2 ways of doing this, depending of the version that you are using of the somacine.

1: Go online on the application, put the CPU in stop,
Online=>Advanced Gonfiguration=>Save data to CSV.
After Firmware reset do the same things but choose restore data from CSV.
(Note do not modify the CSV file because it can make the file unreadeble )

2: In the device tree right click on the
Application=>Add object=>Recipe Manager..=> Right click on RecipeManager=>Add object =>Recipe Definition..=> Add=>
Under variables add the persistent retained values(You can add the whole GVL and delete the ones you dont need)=>Right click Add a new recipe
=>Go online and select Read recipe.

Hope this helps

I am trying to find a way to store the persistent variable values in SoMachine before doing a firmware update. The update wipes the PLC and I lose the PV's. I need to be able to store them and then reload them after the update. Any ideas would be appreciated.