SoMachine Basic GUI Issue

Dyslexicbloke

HI folks,
I am having a huge issue with the latest SoMachine Basic GUI.

When editing ladder selecting a tool, any tool, the display is scrolling the active rung way off the screen.

For example, adding any ladder element and then clicking the line tool to hook it up causes the display to scroll, usually up but not always.

Sometimes restarting the lappy stops the behaviour for a while but it never lasts.

I am running a Dell I5 with SSD and Radeon graphics which is no gaming machine but hardly a slouch either.

I am not sure which update broke it but it was within the last few months.

I cant find a setting that helps and I know this machine was fine previously.
I do not know if it is getting worse but it seems that way as it is now costing me time on site.

I know SomMachine basic has had a memory leek for a while which can crash the GUI after big paste or LD<>IL operations on an old session but this is new, and it horrible.

This is one of those times where someone telling me to un-check something and making me look silly would be just great...
Silly, even very silly, couldn't be worst than the issue.

Anyone else suffering? better still anyone have a solution?

Cheers,
Al

What version of SoMachine Basic you are using? I am using V1.6 SP1, never experience what you are saying. Only early versions of SoMachine Basic had some glitches (V1.1, V1.2).

Use it to program M221 pump control works just fine.

Try update from your Schneider Electric Software Update Manager.

Last edited:
like rockby said update....i am on v1.5 sp1 and dont experience this....its free so just update. and update for the sake of grafcet aswell. it is graphical after from 1.5 onwards