Controllogix Get PLC Redundancy State of a specific chassis using GSV

tantan010

Is there a way to know which is the primary and secondary chassis through gsv?

I have read that "PhysicalChassis" (Chassis A/Chassis B) is an identification of a specific chassis without regard to the state of the chassis.

let's then say chassis A is primary and Chassis B is secondary. If Initiate Locked Switchover is used, Chassis A will now be the secondary and Chassis B will be the primary. I looked into gsv Redundancy objects. But I can't find which can state if Chassis A is primary/secondary and Chassis B is primary/secondary.

Can anybody give me an idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Don't the attributes "ChassisRedundancy State", and "PartnerChassis RedundancyState" tell you this information ?

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have looked into these GSV objects before but my problem is I'm not sure if the "ChassisRedundancy State", and "PartnerChassisRedundancy State" is defined for the:

1.) Chassis ID (Chassis B will always be the “PartnerChassisRedundancy State” regardless if it is primary or secondary)
OR
2.) Primary/Secondary (“ChassisRedundancy State” is for primary and "PartnerChassisRedundancyState" is for secondary).

If these GSV objects behave as #1, I can then use them to identify the state of Chassis A and B. But if it is #2, I will not be able to identify their states since I would not know if the partner is Chassis A or B.

Can anyone help me to understand if these GSV objects are dependent on the Chassis ID or on their states? Or if I can’t use these GSV objects, what other solution can I do to know the status of Chassis A and Chassis B.

Thanks a lot in advance.