Writeing parameters to A Posmo motor

NoName

Hello all.

Let me just breifly tell you what I want to achive. I am useing a Posmo motor for a positioning task. The motor is realy great. But it's main flaw is that in order to use positioning you must use it's traversing blocks. There are 27 of them wich are freely programable.

In each individual block I can set the target position, speed of the traversing task and the accelaration of the task.

This machine has to make about 20 steps in order to complete a full cycle. The main issue is that all of these 20 step, can change at any time. So I have to write in the parameters for the position for each individual Block. I have an function block from wich I can read or write the parameters of the drive.

So I was thinking that I should make some kind of step by step routine to acomplish this. I would increment the step counter with an operation succsesful output of the read/write function block. Each step would then move the specific value for the target position.
The alternativ to this is that I make an pulse generator wich would give me a short signal and that would increment my counter.

These are my ideas so far. If any one knows another way to do this I would gladly try...
I hope that you understand my explanation :D If you need further details please tell me.

Forgot to tell that I am working in step 7 ofcourse!
Regards
>Ales<

Last edited:
I think your missing something- Siemens has a block FB10 (?) it comes with DriveES Simatic)
for positioning POSMO A. This block writes to 1 traversing block over and over. You can set any position setpoint in that one specific traversing block. You dont have to write to each traversing block. So in your program (get this block from Siemens) and just write a new position setpoint and the posmo goes to the setpoint position

Thank you for your reply.

I'll contact siemens about this function block. I'll post back with my findings.
Thank you!

Regards
>Ales<

Ive never used a POSMO, but with the Simodrive 611, I've used what is called MDI mode (manual data input) via profibus to control the drive.
What this lets you do is control the drive with several control words. You can then send position values to the drive, then set the "activate traversing task" bit to make the drive move to the new position.
The function block that guest was talking about probably uses MDI.
The function block for the 611 was too confusing to I just created my own.

I've got an answer from Siemens just a few minutes ago. And they said just to use traversing block 3 all the time and that it should work in MDI mode.

I've allready tested this and it works fine,... so far :p

Thank you both for guideing me in this direction. If I would have gone the other way by writeing parameters to the drive it would cost me alot of time!

Regards
Ales

Last edited: