ControlLogix Multiple Motion Groups

benaiahhenry

Lifetime Supporting Member
For the first time today I tried to create a second motion group in a ControlLogix PLC, but the "New Motion Group" option is grayed out. Is it possible to create multiple motion groups?

I'm using a L72S running firmware version 28.

Thanks!

-Benaiah

I believe I heard that the new L8x processors can have more than one coarse update rate. I don't know if that means more than one motion group?

You can do multiple update rates on the L7's as well.

I had one drive that wasn't fully commissioned yet and was keeping the rest of the group from starting up, so I was hoping to move it to a different group to avoid that problem.

Capture.jpg

Similar Topics

I am trying to add 9 DINT values with the CPT instruction in ControlLogix and I keep getting errors. I am just choosing each tag with an add...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum, learning my way around. Please bear with me. At my company, a contractor is wrapping up a project where multiple...
Replies
Views
ControlLogix 1756-L71 version 20.55. I want to poll this controller from two separate GE iFIX 5.5 SCADAs using the IGS 7.58 driver. Each SCADA...
Replies
Views
I have just seen a program so complex and so plc memory intensive, that it takes 4 individual L73 controllers in the same chassis to share the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I branched a previos thread so this only deals with one subject. The Rockwell Power Monitor 500 presents several instances for its data...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom