logic needed for 8 digit input

stewy5000

Hello All, I have a Parker CTC touch screen Which connects with M340 Modicon plcs and also comunicates with a data aquisition computer using Interact X ( all through ethernet). So im not sure of what block of logic i need (in the plc) to enter a numeric input with 7 to 8 numbers. I would like to enter a 7 digit number into the touchscreen and see it at the Data Aquisition computer. I can enter a number up tp 65000 or so and it will read at the computer but it wont take or display any number bigger than that. i Just get a broken pencil icon. Any help on what logic I need to move a number like 8448600.
Thanks
Brian

Many PLCs have 16 bit registers though more modern ones have 32 bit registers.

If the display is transmitting a larger number (greater than 65536) correctly then it may be spanning more than one register in the PLC.

Please ensure that all the items (CTC touchscreen, Modicon PLC and the Interact X application are all configured to deal with the potential size of the number.

Sorry I can't give specific help, I have not used these.