Step7 station fails consistency check

iansabey

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me to solve this rather weird problem.

When I compile the hardware config I get an error to the effect that I have configured too much I/O for some of my devices. As far as I can see, it's not possible to do that as there is only one input and one output address to fill in, the range being automatically calculated.

My environment...
Step 7 v5.5 with SP4
Windows 7 professional (64bit)
CPU 315-2 PN/DP
Problem devices are Siemens RF180C RFID communication modules connected via profinet.

The error I get is reproduced below (Repeated for each of the 29 devices). The addresses configured for this device are:
I addr: 256..259
Q addr: 256..259

Code:
Device OP10000-150E1 uses 7 input bytes and 7 output bytes. However, it permits a maximum of 4 input bytes and 4 output bytes including the accompanying user data. The sum must not exceed the value 8.
Consistency Check (13:5625):    The data length on the device "OP10000-150E1" has been exceeded. It uses7 input bytes and 7 output bytes. The sum must not exceed the value of 8.
Consistency Check (13:5235):    Input or output data length exceeded.
I will be grateful for any help with this.

Best wishes

Ian.

I just tried to copy an RF108C from Siemens sample project to a test project in Simatic Manager, and then I compiled it.
Went without a hitch.
You can set the start adress but not the number of bytes, which seems to be fixed at 4+4.

Something is messed up in your STEP7 project.
Start all over.
Copy the RF108C from the sample project to your project, and then see if you can compile for just 1 unit.

Thanks for your suggestion. It seems the sample uses a different version of the GSD file which works fine. I think the problem is solve.:D