Somachine 4.3 cannot communicate to HMIG5U2

jfischerr

Greetings everyone,

We currently are using Somachine 4.3 with an M241 processor and a HMIG5U2 w/ HMIDT732. This is my first time using this HMI. We can connect to the processor and download in the somachine network, but the HMI does not populate in the controller explorer. I can open the vijeo project and manually download through ethernet, but doing that the HMI cannot connect to the M241. The node names on everything match up, and the ip settings I feel are correct across the board.

I searched through the forums and found 1 or 2 similar posts but no solutions worked for my situation.

The PLC we have set at

The HMI is set at

Our local schneider rep had me change the subnet to 255.255.255.0 and removed the gateway to rule out any weird scan issues by somachine. But I still encounter the same issue. When adding the IP addresses into the gateway tray application the HMI sits on "Connection in progress"

The issue appears that i can send data out, but get nothing back.
I cannot figure out if i have some setting on the windows 7 side incorrect or in the somachine incorrect.

Has anyone had this or a similar issue?

Thanks,

-Joe

Update:

The open box HMIG5U2 does not come with the gateway tray application that somachine uses to scan for active PLCs. Once I installed that and set it up everything was working as intended.

I ran into that installing Vijeo Designer on a PC. At that time I could only find the files for the gateway on an old SoMachine 3.1 CD. Do you have a current version to install?