Bosch Servo Valve

BigAl

Lifetime Supporting Member
I ran into an obsolete Bosh Servo valve today, and I am having a hard time finding information on it. It is being used to run a log coneyor to a stop,directly in front of a cutoff saw. The conveyor was purchased by my customer from another location, and he would like it intergrated into his current system. The Bosh part number is 0831-006-005. The valve has a large 3 pin plug, as well as a smaller 4 pin. For some reason the electrician on the job, hooked up a 120VAC to the three pin, plug, and a four conductor shielded cable to the smaller 4 pin. I asked the electrician how he knew how to hook up the valve, and he just shrugged his shoulders, and said " it looks ok to me".
I told him before we put any 120VAC power to it I would like to check the specifications on the valve. I believe there were probably existing conductors which were cut short, but left in the connectors, and this is what he based all his assumptions on. He may well be correct, but I would like to make sure. I know that in this application the speed of the conveyor is critical, and you must have the option, to reverse the conveyor. I tried doing a search on Google, and Yahoo, but had very little luck. The Bosh web site also revealed nothing.
Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the amplifier card to go with the valve? The small connector is probably the lvdt signal from the valve to the card, and the big connector should be the output signal from the card to the valve. I can tell you with some degree of certainty that you don't want to connect 120 vac to it. :p

I am not familiar with your part number, and I can't find my old Bosch catalog. I suggest you talk to your local Bosch Rexroth distributor, and perhaps they can help.

Kevin