Remote access to the processor and VFD

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback or reviews of any cellular remote access devices?

I have a company who wants me to set up remote access to one of you machines without using their network (they are having problems with it)..

I was leaning toward netbiter's Easy connect EC350 or Digi Connect WAN IA Routing Gateway (DC-WAN-B205). Would you use a sim card or a Verizon hotspot USB drive? Could I still run an antenna for better signal using the USB drive plugged into the device?

Also, we have a powerflex 4 VFD in the panel. They want me to be able to remote access the parameter settings and readouts. I don't think I would be able to with that powerflex? Is there one out there someone could recommend to me?

Thank you

Last edited:
Check out Spectrum Control's WebPort VPN. You can get the cell version. I'm not familiar with Powerflex 4 but assuming it got local network access to the VFD you can then run Drivedirect (or whatever it's called these days) through the VPN.

Harry,

Thanks, I will check it out. I guess I really don't need the cellular service. I just need it set up where I do not have to go through the companys IT department.

I have the remote access figured out. I'm going to go with a **** VPN router and throw an CDMA modem with a data plan as an option.

What is the best way to communicate remotely to the VFD as seperate entity from the PLC. Should I upgrade the powerflex 4 to something new like the 525?