[S5-155U CPU948]About PLC Communication Question.

apple

Hi~Everyone!!
This is a simple sketch of our PLC structure.

plcmh0.jpg

About the PLC communication, I know between PLC1-1 and PLC1-2 can use IPC flags to communicate byte by byte via 923C (PLC2-1 and PLC2-2 is same).
But I don't understand how to communicate between PLC1 and PLC2 via CP143? And how to exchange data between PLC and HMI via CP143?
I know the special function about communication (OB200~OB205) from the 948 manual. But it just describe how to communication via 923C.

And if PLC2 sent a data to PLC1(the data is DB? DW?.....sorry,I don't know my PLC sent what? In the comment, it just say that is communication data from other PLC.:( ). How can I find the data in PLC1 and PLC2 ?? I guess the data has different name in PLC1 and PLC2......:(

Hope you can explain more detail about the PLC communication for me, and if I am wrong ,thanks your correction. Thank you , Thanks!! (y)

Last edited:
Its a long time ago now but if my memory is correct you configure send & rec blocks in 143, these are generally fixed but you could set up send & rx blocks of 255 words then in your code copy the registers with some king of header in the first ones i.e. the block it comes from & the block it's going to & using this info transfer from the received block into the DB parameterised in the header you create.

Not simple but did it a few years ago.

Thanks!!
After I study more, I found maybe PLC communication with CP143 by DataBlock. Define the PLC and CP143 communication path first (Maybe use COM143.... I still study...). And PLC call FunctionBlock to do Data transmission. Just give the main parameter "SSNR" and "ANRS" to set CP143 address. Then PLC can communicate to each other via CP143 and store data in DB.
By the Way, this is ten years ago machine. :)