Capacity Measuring Instrument with Analog Output

ampop

Hi,

Anyone knows a Capacity Measuring Instrument with Analog Output?
The ideia it's convert the analog output to digital, and use that digital signal in a S5 PLC.
I know Capacity Measuring Instrument with RS232, but I need one with Analog Output.
Thank you.

More details

Dear
What do you mean by capacity measuring instrument.
Please give more details
BR

hesham said:
Dear
What do you mean by capacity measuring instrument.
Please give more details
BR

I mean a device that measure the capacitance of the condensators.
Faraday units.

panic mode said:
Faradays? That's pretty big... What range? What accuracy? What voltage?

Okay, Faraday it's the unit but the range will be between 10 uF and 220 uF, the voltage will be between 5 and 16V.
Do you Know any measure device for capacity with analog output?

what exactly you want to do?

measure capacitance on production line for example? how accurate? how fast? what is the budget?

there are ready devices for this job (Agilent etc. just use use google) but if it was me, i would try to use serial connection and just stick multimeter in the panel. is S5 maybe without serial interface? (maybe it's used already...?)

if required accuracy is not very high, (standard capacitors in this range are usually some kind of electrolytic and have very poor tolerance, specially the Aluminum type...). i would just make my own circuit, it could be very simple (for example constant current device is just two $0.50 components, use one relay to to turn it on, when off discharge capacitor through resistor, and don't forget to write the plc code...).

micorocontroller projects for example often use single I/O pin for this (on PLC that would be one input + one output),
the other way is to make external oscillator (again sub $1 project...) and count freq. etc (frequency can be converted to voltage if you are really stuck on analog input...).

I allready have a solution. A S7-315 with a CP340 and a RS232 measure device.
Thanks for all who give me some ideias, I apriciated.