Anyone need Millisecond timing Sequence of Events Data Collection?

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
There is a Demo system at the GEIP Support Web Site with everything needed** to play with or test a 32 point SOE with Millisecond time stamping.

**Except for the hardware of course.

Description :

An advanced generation Sequence of Event Collector Application, that uses the latest generation Proficy Historian 4.5 (32 Bit or 64 Bit) Archiver and the new .Net User API Wrapper to collect Time Stamped Events from up to 32 PACSystems Controllers with millisecond precision. With the addition of Proficy Historian 4.5 SIM8 a user can demo and test Sequence of Events Collection and Analysis with 32 Tags and 2 Client Access Licenses to Allow this Applied Solution and the Historian Administrator to run simultaneously.

Everything needed to build a PACSystems RX3i based Sequence of Events Collector and Analysis Tool is included in this Developer Download.

SOE Features:

1. Proficy Historian Version: 4.5 and SIM8 with User API installed. 32 Demo Tags and 2 Client Access Licenses allow full demo evaluation by a customer.

2. Operating System: Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit) , Windows Server 2008 (32 Bit and 64 Bit) , Windows XP (32 Bit or 64 Bit)

3. C#.Net 4.0, Single Instance Desktop Application that requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 Run Time. Two simple files with NO installation needed.

4. Consumes Historian Tag Count from 16 to 8,192 and can be fully configured by the user. The application default is 32 Tags to allow demo use.

5. An added feature to allow Reading Last 1000 Events in Last Hour

6. A special feature to allow Sequence of Event Analysis with Millisecond Precision. This is new and may be the only analytical tool that is included for free to fully analyze and measure Sequence of Events digital waveforms with millisecond time stamp and screen resolution.

Historian 4.5 Install link:

http://www.ge-ip.com/products/2420

Historian 4.5 SIM8 Install link:

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=dwchannel&actl=SIM_TYPES&cat=SIM_TYPES&lclicked=SIMs

Download the Applied Solution User Guide titled "SOE for Historian.pdf" and take a look!

Contact: Mark A. LoBuono of GE Intelligent Platforms - Applied Solutions with any questions or comments.

[email protected]
You will need a GE SSO to get the downloads. It is Free and usually only takes a few minutes to sign up.

Last edited:
Our motion controller can record 16 data items per graph and record multiple graphs at rates up to 4Khz. The data collect can be saved as an XML or CSV file or uploaded over Ethernet. We have had people buy our controller just for its data acquisition capabilities.
There is also an event log that records events like I/O changing and the results of calculations.