FactoryTalk ME, Visibility Animation controlled by Access Level?

sthays

Hi All,

Been a while since I've been on the forum. I've spent the last 2 years working pretty heavily in Wonderware InTouch and now have to switch back to working with RSView ME (sorry, Factorytalk.. wonder how long I'll call FT RSview?.. but I digress).

In Intouch, you could control the visibility of an object based on the security level (ie, operators would be Access Level 2000 - if you don't want them to see a button, like a pump start, you could make it invisible or disable it in the animations).

I found how to set up user logins, and how to restrict pages, in FT - but I couldn't find any option to limit visibilty based on security. Does anyone have a way to do this? I'd be good with a workaround through a PLC (ie, if logged in as a certain access level, you could tie that to an tag and then do access level calcs in the PLC).

Thanks in advance!

Steve

This took us a bit to find.

Right click on an object and select Animation -> Visibility. Then click Expression. When the window pops click the Functions button. You will see CurrentUserHasSecurityCode().

Our you can do it based on user name as well. We use the security code because different customers of ours sometimes want different user names. Using the security code means that we do not have to modify that portion of our application if they change user names.

Thanks. It's weird coming back to a company where I am the only one with much PLC knowledge, coming from a integrator with 50+ other PLC/HMI programmers. There, answers were just across the cube wall and it was easy to bounce ideas around.

Not as easy now :)

Hey, here's another followup maybe you can help me with. We used Intouch for our simulators for in house testing. we could set up condition scripts so that if a Pump running output was turned on, we could automatically switch the pump running indication, or if a valve open output was turned on, we could simulate the valve going into travel then into fully open.

I see that there are scripts when screens are loaded - are there any condition scripts or data change scripts in FT?