Safety PLCs?

Karsten

Hello,

Does anyone have a good overview/camparison of Safety PLCs?

Looking at an application with about 15-20 inputs and 5-10 outputs. There are a lot of small safety PLCs on the market but which one to choose?

Maybe my application could be solved with a bunch of safety relays but it would be "fun" to try a safety PLC.

safety relays easier to troubleshoot, i know a company a contractor installed a stupid safety plc 2 years ago then disappeard then the machine was down the stupid safety plc got no output and all inputs were there, the decision was to replace the stupid thing with safety individual relays !

safety relays easier to troubleshoot, i know a company a contractor installed a stupid safety plc 2 years ago then disappeard then the machine was down the stupid safety plc got no output and all inputs were there, the decision was to replace the stupid thing with safety individual relays !
Don't fault the hardware just because you don't know how to use it.
If I take the word "safety" out of your post, we're left with:
i know a company a contractor installed a stupid plc 2 years ago then disappeard then the machine was down the stupid plc got no output and all inputs were there, the decision was to replace the stupid thing with individual relays !
You could probably find a few old school guys out there who would promote this way of thinking also.

Back to the OP's question, I'd recommend looking at the new Omron G9SP safety controller.
http://www.ia.omron.com/product/family/2937/index_fea.html
I'm using it for the first time on my current project and it looks very promising. Basically the "little brother" of the networkable NE1A. Fully programmable with function block logic (unlike the Banner SC22-3, which is very limited). Only about US$600 for a 20 input/8 output model.

Don't fault the hardware just because you don't know how to use it.
If I take the word "safety" out of your post, we're left with:
You could probably find a few old school guys out there who would promote this way of thinking also.

Good reply! I am one of those guys that in "normal" applications put in a PLC as soon as more than two relays are to be used. As long as the system is documented well there is no problem. And if you connect the PLC to a HMI it get's easier to find faults and maybe the operator can solve the problem.

Just to clarify I am looking for a "small" safety PLC not a large system as Guardlogics or a ABB 800xa system. At least here in europe there is a bunch of "small" safety PLCs but I have a hard time comparing them.

Back to the OP's question, I'd recommend looking at the new Omron G9SP safety controller.
http://www.ia.omron.com/product/family/2937/index_fea.html
I'm using it for the first time on my current project and it looks very promising. Basically the "little brother" of the networkable NE1A. Fully programmable with function block logic (unlike the Banner SC22-3, which is very limited). Only about US$600 for a 20 input/8 output model.

Interesting.........

Good documentation it seems.

I surfed around OMRONS web to find a demo software. Has anyone found any?

TO KOLYUR:
how did you know that I don't know how to you use , i bet you you missing the basics of good talking and good understanding as well, cos I think you are a reguler electrician, can"t be a professional engineer at all.

I find only one with attitude problem is you adel.. You accuse other of your own faults

TO KOLYUR:
how did you know that I don't know how to you use , i bet you you missing the basics of good talking and good understanding as well, cos I think you are a reguler electrician, can"t be a professional engineer at all.

REMOVED

I'm done with this thread, tried to be helpful and look where it got me.

Last edited: