How to record time on HMI

My boss wants to display on a 'secret' screen, how many times a machine has been stopped and the actual time it was stopped and restarted.
Not only that, he wants a daily effiency report on this screen ie Monday: Run 83% stopped 17%

He says he can not determine which shift is being truthful about how long the machine has run. So he needs times and days of stoppages.

We have a FX2n 128MR plc and a Beijer E100

I am OK with getting a 'secret' screen by using a password to log on

I have struggled with getting an accurate percentage read-out. I am using a M bit, on for run time, off for stop time and then incrementing timers.
Something like; 6H 31M run / 1H 29M stopped but I have juggled and messed to try get the accurate percentage but always get weird incorrect percentages.

Also, and the hardest part, I can't think of a way to display the actual time it was stopped and when it was restarted
I know I can use the date and time registers for the display but -
I don't know how many times they might stop/start per day, so I don't know how to lay it out on the screen.
The screen is only 2 lines and the boss will have to scroll down but has anyone any suggestions how I would for instance display 6 stoppages on day 1 then 3 on day 2
with the actual times that these happened

I don't know about your specific product but you will need to code into different data block each part of the day but instead of counting real time, you should count by 0.001hours (3.6sec) to have base10 numbers and then it will be easy to make the calcul pourcentage...
You may also display how manny times it stopped by counting each rising edge ...etc

I have struggled with getting an accurate percentage read-out. I am using a M bit, on for run time, off for stop time and then incrementing timers.
Something like; 6H 31M run / 1H 29M stopped but I have juggled and messed to try get the accurate percentage but always get weird incorrect percentages.

What you need is OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) data, and you can find an explanation of how to calculate this data here: http://oee.com/calculating-oee.html

On this websites are several pages of information on OEE and how it is used.

I would tell your boss to go the "OEE route" Overall equipment effectiveness.

We have several large displays from Optimum FX, one per line. They are web based and will churn out every stoppage and reason down to the nearest second.

Our operators are suprisingly receptive, especially if they see it as a tool to improve their machine.

It also highlights all the stoppages that traditionally get blamed on engineering like poor materials, lack of materials, set up and changeover times,speed and quality losses....Sh*T .. I sound like a salesman!!

Cost about £3000