5069-IY4 Thermoucouple Fatal Error

padees

Hey all,
Specs are:
W7P-64
Studio 5000 V32.02.00
5069-L320ER PLC
5069-IY4 universal analog input in a 5069-AEN2TR.

Problem is trying to configure the module. If you click on any of the input types, I get a Fatal Error in the screen shot.

I've used these in the past with V30 and V31 with no problems.

But, now even in V30 and V31 when I open previous programs, the same thing happens.

The other new bug after this screen shot is even if I click on the channel, like CH00, it goes right to a fatal error and crashes.

Wondering if anyone has run into this?

This system is due to be torn down for shipping in 2 days, so only have till tomorrow to figure it out.

It doesn't matter where the module is located, at the PLC or remote Ethernet adapter. I have another one at the PLC and two others at the Ethernet adapter.

Thanks!

TC FATAL ERROR.jpg

Last edited:
I can tell you it is specific to that particular module. I have a 5069-IF8 and a 5069-OF4 with no issues.

And the problem extends with that particular module in V30, V31 and V32. Which never had a problem before in V30 or V31.

Also, it's not just trying to configure a thermocouple, it crashes trying to configure any type of input.

Last edited:
I did click on the channels and set it to Thermoucouple, but if you click on any of the channels, it crashes.

I think the default is Type K, which we have.

Yes, loads of fun!!

IY4 Config.jpg

OK all, Got it fixed.

Needed to download and install the latest AOP for the modules. Seems there is an issue with the safety stuff.

5069-ANALOG AOP UPDATE.jpg

Glad you got sorted.

After the fact, but here's some more material for future reference...

1081798 - Studio 5000: Fatal Error 0xc0000005 (-1073741819) on channel configuration of 5069-IF8 or 5069-IY4 module
Access Level: TechConnect

...and just to confirm the technote also advises installing the latest 5069 Analog I/O module AOP v21.07.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Thanks George! Glad you added the tech note.

There are 19 SMC EtherNet/IP devices on this. One JXC91 Servo controller. The AOP works fine for this in V32 with compatible module, but on the ITV EtherNet/IP Regulators, I had to disable keying, otherwise there was a connection fault. Didn't have to do that previous projects with V30 and V31.

I also read on an internet blog to avoid V32...

This also has a PV5510 on it, and that sucks!
I've used the 5500's previously, and worked well, but the New Improved model bites!

Last edited:
I have had lots of luck with V32. I have commissioned at least 10-12 separate machines running several different models of compact and control logix processors. I had the same problem with the IY4 several months back. It had to do with their EDS file corrupting the Core files. I had to delete all versions of studio and rslogix and do a complete reinstall and then update.

Glad you got sorted.

After the fact, but here's some more material for future reference...

1081798 - Studio 5000: Fatal Error 0xc0000005 (-1073741819) on channel configuration of 5069-IF8 or 5069-IY4 module
Access Level: TechConnect

...and just to confirm the technote also advises installing the latest 5069 Analog I/O module AOP v21.07.

Regards,
George

I can confirm that the AOP fixes the fatal error crash.