Step_32

While doing some troubleshooting at work tonight, we have come across a programming instruction called Step_32 that is used in RsLogix 5000 for one of our conveyor systems. We want to understand it better. Can anyone help me find a web page that explains this? We tried to find some information, but not having very much luck. Thank you all very much. Hope you all Had a Merry Christmas.

sincerely,

Maintenance Man.

Last edited:
We have looked at the Step_32 instruction more. It is like a bit shift register, except you can send information such as a product code. We would still like to understand it in more detail. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your help!!

Maintenance Man.

Hi, is this a step in SFC or similar, l think you will need to post the code for more detailed help.
A step_32 instruction could mean anything, UDT? but l will most probable be corrected.

Sounds like an RSLogix5000 AOI (Add On Instruction).
If you right click on the name of the instruction box on the rung, and select "Open Instruction Definition" in the drop down menu you will see all the code that is hidden inside the AOI.

Thanks GTUint, AOI was what l was trying to think of, but l use v15 which didn't have AOI's, so l looked but couldn't find it, so went with UDT.
Or it could still be a step #32