Mitsubishi Programming softwares

roni

Hi,
My next project is an entirely different platform, its Mitsubishi. I'm using FX Series PLC With 40 Di & 40 DO FX5 80MT and 7" Touch Screen HMI GS2107 WTBD. Could anyone help me to findout the programming software for these PLC and HMI? Is it a freeware?

Kindly reply me.

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks,
Roni

Hello Roni: The Mitubishi environment for development for both PLC itself and their GOT (Graphic Operator Panel) is not free software, as far as I am aware. Normally you would need to buy the licenses from a Mitsubishi sales channel. For the PLC the software is called GX Developer 8 and for the operator panel there is something called GT Designer 3. These two are not very well integrated and you will need some time to get used to the editor for the GX Developer, which seems like a software developed on very old Windows development environments. Mitsubishi's latest PLC series has a better integrated engineering tool environment, but I am not familiar with it as to be able to provide advice of value. For the part numbers you mention I would recommend you use the legacy tools for which you may find better technical support.Good luck with your project.

The PLC software depends on the CPU.

If it is older it may use GX Developer - which free downloads are available. If newer it will need GX Works - never free. Also, the GX Works package includes GX Developer.

[There are really OLD ones that use GX IEC Developer - not free either, needs a license to install]

The software for Mitsubishi HMI's are also never free.

If you are using FX5 PLC, you will need GXWorks 3. For the GOT, GTDesigner 3. I think you will also need additional software to enable GTDesigner 3 to work with the GS Series GOT. Pretty sure you will have to pay for the software.

Yes for the FX 5 you do need GXworks 3 as Vers 2 does not support the FX5 the software is not free and like all newer versions of the well known PLC's the software can be expensive. although Mitsubishi tends to be lower in price and if you register with Mitsubishi there are updates for free, however, I don't know how long the updates are free.

Yes for the FX 5 you do need GXworks 3 as Vers 2 does not support the FX5 the software is not free and like all newer versions of the well known PLC's the software can be expensive. although Mitsubishi tends to be lower in price and if you register with Mitsubishi there are updates for free, however, I don't know how long the updates are free.

as long as mitsu is releasing updates you can upgrade for free