PowerFlex 525 reverting to a different IP on Power

k9kiloalpha

I've got an issue with a PF 525 not just losing the IP I set (192.168.1.10) and when you cycle power, it reverts to 192.168.1.194

Tried parameter reset P53
Made sure there's not an E2P card
ADC is enabled
P46/47 set to Ethernet IP

Help please:(

Is C128 set to 1 or 2? The default is 2 (BOOTP) and setting it to 1 tells the drive to use parameters for the IP.

P46 & P47 aren't comm settings, they're just the start and speed references.

Last edited:
That's the parameter write mode. 0 saves to EEPROM, 1 saves to RAM. If 1, a reboot reverts the drive to settings previously in EEPROM.

Another possibility, have not tried, is that ADC is enabled and the PLC controlling the drive is overwriting the parameters you're setting. One thing you can do to test this is try changing the last octet of the IP (C132) again, and before restarting the drive, view that parameter once more to see what its value is.

The C series of parameters aren't necessarily the actual value being used by the drive, for example. The F, or diagnostic group, contains what is currently being used. When you restart the drive, the C parameters you set would be written to these locations:

F693 [EN IP Addr Act 1]
F694 [EN IP Addr Act 2]
F695 [EN IP Addr Act 3]
F696 [EN IP Addr Act 4]

F697 [EN Subnet Act 1]
F698 [EN Subnet Act 2]
F699 [EN Subnet Act 3]
F700 [EN Subnet Act 4]

F701 [EN Gateway Act 1]
F702 [EN Gateway Act 2]
F703 [EN Gateway Act 3]
F704 [EN Gateway Act 4]

So again, by checking to see if the C params are overwritten after you set them, but before restarting the drive, will probably help find the cause.

Last edited:
E2P addresses are in N1004 (and higher) parameters, not in C129 area.
did you check these?
C parameters are for built-in port only

I read "Made sure there's not an E2P card" as he replaced E2P card already.

E2P is DLR port card that is very popular option.

Is this drive plugged into a port on a managed switch that is assigned this .194 IP address? Because if Port Persistence is enabled, the switch will push the assigned IP address (.194) into the drive every time it is powered up.

Thanks for posting this! I have the same issue. I even tried changing control module. Called tech support, they told me about setting the bootp bit....did all that. Cycle power, the IP is gone.