Proficy ME 9.5 error 8097

DHoward

I am trying to download a program that will only change the integrated IP
address in a rx3i IC695CPE305. The logic is equal. The current IP is 192.168.10.80 / subnet 255.255.255.0. I am trying to change it to 192.168.10.85 / 255.255.255.0. When I try to download the configuration I get the following error:

Error 8097: Controller Error - Insufficient privilege level [0x02][0xFE] [0x80360006]

My security level is set to 4 and enhanced security is set to false.

How can I fix this problem. Any help is appreciated

Check your CPU configuration to see if Memory Protection is Enabled or Disabled.
It looks like the Run/Stop switch is somehow associated with this.
You may have to put the switch to Stop.

I have a very similar problem using Proficy Machine Edition 7.0 and IC693CPU372 processor. The error I get is

Error 8097: Controller Error - Insufficient privilege level [0x02][0x00]

I am able to upload the memory and the configuration, but not the program. Is this a software version issue or a protected program issue?

A Run/Stop switch is mentioned, but I only see an On/Off switch on the CPU.

That sounds like an OEM password has been applied. The OEM password prevents upload of the ladder logic but allows upload of the hardware configuration. If it were a software version mismatch, PME would tell you the version required to match the program in the PLC.
The switch on the CPU module can be configured to act as either Run/Stop or memory protection.

That sounds like an OEM password has been applied. The OEM password prevents upload of the ladder logic but allows upload of the hardware configuration.
Is there a way I can tell for sure it has a password? When I look at the processor settings, it shows Passwords Disabled and Memory Protect Disabled.

Going by memory here. You need to go online with the PLC. Then click on the "Target" menu item and look under "Online Commands" to get to the password options. I'm not sure if the OEM protection trumps the passwords disabled setting in hardware configuration.

I'll try to connect to a 90-30 later today to see for sure.

One more step beyond what I described above.
Get online with the PLC. You will be in "Monitor" mode, which means you can't change anything.
Click the "Target" menu.
In the popup, select "Online Commands".
First, click "Set Programmer Mode". That will change from "Monitor" mode to "Programmer" mode and you'll be able to make any necessary changes.
Now from the "Online Commands" under the "Target" menu, click "Show Status".
Select the "Protection" tab to see what password level you are at, and whether or not the OEM key is active.

The steps above are from communicating with a CPU that has passwords enabled.

Further experimenting.
I set up an OEM password in a CPU363. Then I unchecked the OEM lock and downloaded a hardware configuration with passwords disabled. Then I went back and checked the OEM lock again. When I created a new project, reconnected to the PLC, and attempted to upload I got the same results as Archie. So it appears that the OEM password is independent of the other password levels and the enabled/disabled selection in the hardware configuration.
Archie, I assume when you follow the steps I outlined, you're going to find the "OEM Protection" box is checked. If that's the case, without knowing the OEM Password you won't be able to view the logic unless your customer has a backup copy of the program.

Steve.... Thanks for the help with this. You were exactly right. I followed your steps and found the OEM Protection to be Locked. Now checking with the machine manufacturer to see if they are willing to give the pass code.

OEMLock.png