Square D SY/MAX Model 50

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone familiar with this type of PLC, I have a Fault LED blinking what is the programming software for this unit and possible communication cables.
Thank you

CPU.jpg

There is software for this PLC that is very old and DOS based. Idec WindLDR is a very close relative if you select the FA-2J PLC in the configure tab. There is an Idec diagram to build a cable for the interface here on the forum also. I will try to post a link. In the meantime search this site for Idec WindLDR and SyMax50.

Edit:
Here is the link I was thinking of, but it is for a Micro-1 PLC. The circuitry is the same but the cable going to the PLC is different. Maybe I can find the rest of the info later.
Link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=5431&d=1149258271

A little more info, still not what I was looking for.
http://www.niobrara.com/cables/fa422s.pdf

Last edited:
It looks like you have the battery-backed software module. Get software and back it up before your battery dies and you loose it all.
I think you need the Symax handloader to burn an EPROM module.

Hello dear! I know the topic is old, but .... I also have a problem with this programmable controller. The "Error" indicator lights up when the controller is powered up. It can be seen that the controller does not read the program. There is a connected card on the controller. There is a problem, but what do you think he is?

PS We're talking about the Sy / MAX Model 50 controller