Moving a FactoryTalk SE project between PCs?

ajmac

I've taken a working FTView 7 project from one PC via the achieve method, dropped it onto another PC on the same network that already had a fully working FTView 7 project on it, up and running communicating with the Logix processor. I rebuilt the project from the archive file, gave it a new name, opened it up in Studio and checked I could browse to the PLC, which I can, and opened the project....it opens, reads tags from the PLC but the alarm window always says 'connecting' and the FT message window tells me Loss of Service. The server RNA://$Local/*project name*:RSLinx Enterprise on computer *pc name* is not loaded.

The two project are basically identical, one resides on the PC local to the machine and the other on the remote PC at the other end of the site. The local project has all the changes, extra screens etc added over a protracted commissioning period and I just need to transfer it to the remote PC which has the original FTView project on it which is months out of date.

The server name doesn't get changed when it is restored on the new PC. Open the HMI Server properties and you should see the old computer name listed there. There is a browse option where you can select the new PC.

Do the same for the Data Server and if you are using the Alarm and Event Server.

OG