Do More Designer FAQ

Meyers Mills

Hi
Just started using Do More design software. Presently, I can only write very very simple programs where the switch /switches is in series with the output .
I need help on how to place two switches in parallel like DoL motor starter ,flip flop contact etc thanks

To answer your question specifically:
Use the Ctrl + Arrows to make a vertical line. (Arrow up / Arrow down) Ctrl + Shift + Arrows to Erase.

The following is from the Help menu of the software:
How To Draw Wires Between Contacts and Coils

Creating complex ladder logic requires the ability to "draw" networks of input contacts and the ability to connect multiple output coils or box instructions in parallel. Do-more Designer uses the Ctrl key with the arrow keys to draw connecting wires in the direction of the arrow.

Wire Right (Ctrl + Right Arrow) - draws a horizontal wire in the current cursor location and moves the cursor to the right. Drawing a connecting wire over the top of a contact will not delete that contact; it will simply connect it if needed.

Wire Left (Ctrl + Left Arrow) - draws a horizontal wire in the current cursor location and moves the cursor to the left. Drawing a connecting wire over the top of a contact will not delete that contact; it will simply connect it if needed.

Wire Down (Ctrl + Down Arrow) - draws a vertical wire along the left edge of the edit cursor down from the current cursor location and moves the cursor down to the next row.

Wire Up (Ctrl + Up Arrow) - draws a vertical wire along the left edge of the edit cursor up from the current cursor location and moves the cursor up to the previous row.

Wire to Output Column (Ctrl +W) - draws a connecting wire from the current cursor location all the way to the output column. Pressing it again will remove the connecting wire that was just drawn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the process of editing ladder logic rungs, there will be times when a connecting wire needs to be deleted. Do-more Designer uses the Ctrl key and the Shift key with the arrow keys to delete connecting wires in the direction of the arrow.

Wire Delete Right (Ctrl + Shift + Right Arrow) - deletes the horizontal wire or programming element in the current cursor location and moves the cursor to the right.

Wire Delete Left (Ctrl + Shift + Left Arrow) - deletes the horizontal wire or programming element in the current cursor location and moves the cursor to the left.

Wire Delete Down (Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow) - deletes the vertical wire along the lower left edge of the edit cursor and moves the cursor down to the next row.

Wire Delete Up (Ctrl + Shift + Up Arrow) - deletes the vertical wire along the upper left edge of the edit cursor and moves the cursor up to the previous row.

Regards,