Absolute cheapest Remote IO ?

The best IMO is Murrelektronik. I think at one point I could buy a bus node for ~$300 with 8 inputs, and add 32 more for another $150.

They have both Cube20 (inside a panel) and Cube 67 (outside the panel) versions.

If you just need a few I/O, the Turck blocks are pretty decent

I have a customer that was using a lot of this for the low price and started having a lot of problems (I'll have to ask again about specifics), they've since switched to the Bailiff io-link solution. They use a lot of analog inputs.

That Ethernet/IP busmodule from AD sure looks a lot like the similar type from Beckhoff:
https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...s_x_i-z-o/protos_x_i-z-o_bus_couplers/px-eip1
https://beckhoff.de/german/bus_terminal/bk9055.htm?id=201539111686240

Apart from that, any remote i/o that uses cage-clamp terminals get a (y) from me.
Push-in terminals are becoming the new standard, and I just hate them :angr:

It's a Koyo product. The same company that made the GE Series One and Series Five PLCs.

I have a customer that was using a lot of this for the low price and started having a lot of problems (I'll have to ask again about specifics), they've since switched to the Bailiff io-link solution. They use a lot of analog inputs.

I've personally never had issues with it, and the support has been fantastic in my neck of the woods.

The advantage of the Murr stuff over Balluff stuff is the fact that the Murr is all on one single IP address - so it only uses one of your available nodes in the PLC. Each balluff master requires a separate IP address.

I will admit, I don't get into the remote I/O side as much as I used to, so my information may be outdated.

The AD C0 line is probably Koyo.
The AD PX line seems to me is rebranded Beckhoff.

It is indeed rebranded Beckhoff/Wago. The big difference between what AD is selling now, vs the Beckhoff EK9500 earlier in the thread is that the PX stuff is all K-Bus so you're going to be limited your IO options and the cost for that IO is higher.

The EK9500 is a true E-Bus coupler so you've got the ability to use the full range of current IO modules from Beckhoff, as well as their very affordable EtherCat box field IO. I've not used one yet, but the configuration looks much easier on the EK9500 vs the PX series.