Guardlogix and Point IO

obi1987

I am facing one problem on each download one of the point just get in fault and error is resource unavailable.
I have 2 racks of point and same goes for both on each dowbload random module get faulty.At the moment, I am keeping one module as inhibit.

PLC : Guardlogix l81es
Chassis size : 11
Aentr-DI-DI-DI-Di-DI-24VDC-DI-DI-DI-DO-DO
Aentr:DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-24VDC-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
DI:IB8S
DO:OB8S

I ran into this a few years back.
The AENTR can only have 20 CIP connections, if safety modules are used.
By my count, you are at 21 connections with default settings.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34984
Access Level: TechConnect

Basically, it means reducing the connections in each rack.

I had to change the connection type to none in the module definition of the AENTR.
This only works if there are no standard digital I/O modules.

I also had to disable the test output data in the IB8S module definitions on a few modules where I didn't need test outputs.

Reference manual: pages 79,
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1734-um013_-en-p.pdf

Each safety module takes up 2 connections with default settings.
The AENTR takes 1 connection, as well.