Panel view plus 1000 program

behab

Dears,

I install new HMI and download the mer file to it.
All readings on the HMI a're stars..., I think it is not reading the tags
The file set well and test run also working fine
But on screen is not..., please support.

Dear Garry
Thanks,

I am able to connect to both plc and HMI from my laptop. I can read the tags from plc and can download the mer file to HMI
All through Ethernet connection.

Do you think it is cable?

Regards

The most common reasons for communications to work on the development PC but not on the PanelView hardware terminal is that the "Design (Local)" and "Runtime (Target)" communications configurations are not the same.

In the RSLinx Enterprise Communications Configuration, check to be sure that the Shortcut is configured to point to the same PLC in the Design tab as it is in the Runtime tab.

There is even a "Copy from Design to Runtime" button at the top of that screen to make this easy.

Also, when you download to the PanelView Plus using the Transfer Utility, make sure that the "Run Application at Startup" and "Replace Communications" checkboxes are checked. This assures that the PV+ terminal will use the newest communications configuration that has been included in the *.MER runtime file.

Thanks Ken,
All above been checked and all ok.
I am receiving warning massage when convert to MER.
WARRNING: unsupported shortcut name....
The system has detected that a device that is not supported in the requested version is referenced by a shortcut

Any chance this will great this problem
I am converting to revision 5.1
I have compactlogix 1768-L43S

Thank you for that additional information.

The software is definitely trying to warn you about a possible incompatibility problem.

Firmware version 5.10 was the end of the first generation "PanelView Plus" product. Version 6 software also relied on "PanelView Plus 6" hardware.

And the 1768-L43S is the least common version of an older CompactLogix platform.

To troubleshoot a possible firmware incompatibility, you will need to collect version information from all of the various hardware and software:

FactoryTalk View Studio
RSLinx Enterprise / FactoryTalk Linx on the development PC
RSLogix 5000

1768-L43S Firmware
PanelView Plus firmware

Examine the project to find out of the HMI application is attempting to read and write any tags within the Safety programs. Some older firmware allowed that, but I think v18 and later disallow it.