compactlogix communication fault

ahmed farrag

i have a compactlogix l32c cpu allen bradely
the problem is "plc communication fault" appeared at hmi
the cpu connected to hmi via ethernet cable
how can i solve these problem

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-08 at 17.15.50.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-02-07 at 18.50.07.jpeg

Do you know the IP address of the PLC so you look into the PLC's built-in web server. Just to confirm, I am guessing you do not have the RSLogix Studio 5009 software not the program, do you? More information is needed to make accurate judgment of your system' s problem

That is a 1769-L35E controller in your screenshot. Where are you seeing "l32c"?

The IP address of the processor and HMI should be unique with respect to each other. Are you saying they are the same? That would be a duplicate address. Or are you saying you have checked that the processor IP address is configured correctly in the HMI application?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
i am sorry the controller as in the image is l35e
and the screen take address 10.167.11.1
and the controller is 10.167.11.2

Ok.

Is there an Ethernet switch between them or how are they connected together?

What is the make/model of the HMI terminal?

G.

i made the two connection with direct ethernet and with the switch and with two ways it gives me the communication fault .
the hmi is pc based windows xp Schneider Electric / Invensys / Foxboro Wonderware 15" Industrial Touch Panel Detachable Display

Via the switch, or directly, can you PING or go online with the L35E controller using RSLogix 5000? Can you PING the PC terminal?

By the way is the process still running today even though the HMI is unavailable? (I notice the fault alarm is time stamped at yesterday's date).

Going by your description, I'm not sure what HMI application you are actually running here, but stripping out the manufacturer references, it's Wonderware, correct?

G.

Last edited:
Have you tried power cycling everything?

Were any changes or additions made before the fault occured?

Have you any other Ethernet devices on the network? I'm considering the number of Ethernet Connections available to this controller. Can you open a web browser instance to the IP address of the controller and view it's communications diagnostics/statistics?

Similarly for the PC, have you any diagnostics in Wonderware for the controller communications?

Look for anything that looks high or for any possible errors.

G.