RSLOGIX 5000 delete user deifned data types

If you right click on the UDT and the delete function is still ghosted out then you've got a reference in your program somewhere.

Make sure you have deleted ALL references to the tags, check in controller and program tags and delete them from there also.

Once you've done that you should be able to right click on the UDT and delete it.

Tip for deleting unwanted UDT

Hi,

I would like to know how to delete user defined data types...No tag are related to those data types...

thanks
Martin.

Tip: Any reference to the UDT that you are trying to delete includes other UDT structures that may be using the UDT-data type that you wish to delete.

You must delete all of those references first (be sure it is not used somewhere). It may take some searching however eventually when all references are gone the delete function will be active.

Mal

In the Controller Organizer, right-click on the UDT and select Cross Reference to see if it is still being used. Summary window will show you where it is being used without all the searching. All occurrences must be deleted before you can delete the UDT.

OG

Additional Tip for Deleting UDTs

I know this post is old, but wanted to post one more tip. Sometimes UDT's reference other UDT's within their definition. For example, let's say someone created "TankGroup" UDT, and within it, there are 10 "Tank" UDT's. If you have deleted all the "Tank" and "TankGroup" Tags in both program and controller scopes, the cross reference of the "Tank" UDT won't find a reference for it, even though it still exists in the "TankFarm" UDT. Thus, the program will prohibit you from deleting it.
If you've deleted all your references to program and controller scoped tags, and are still having issues deleting UDTs, search through all your UDT references until you can find the "parent" UDT (in this example TankFarm), delete that one, then you should be able to delete the "child" UDTs (in this example, Tank).