Control Logix CIP Message to Fanuc PC

blmitchell

I am attempting to communicate from Control Logix processor to Fanuc Vision System PC using CIP Messages. First of all, is this even posible and second do you have to set the port number for the PC somehow. I can't see any way to do this with out having RSLinx on the PC.
I need to send ascii strings to the PC program and receive them back in the plc. Can anyone enlighten me?

blmitchell

I think your best bet is to add A 1734-rs232 Point io module to your Conlrologix ENBT system and use that module to send ASCII to the PC.

I have also done this with PLC5 using RB Module or Basic Module.

Note, Another option may be to connect the Serial port of your Contrologix processor directly to the PC. Not sure about all Ctrlogix processors but mine have one.

Thanks for the reply. I found out today that the ENBT cannot talk TCP/IP. It is EtherNet/IP and can't connect unless we use RSLinx and OPC server, however, Fanuc does not have an OPC driver. They decided to use an I/O card in the PC and discrete comms to the PLC.

Thanks again.