counting production

zakir

hello everybody
i need to do a ladder diagram for counting total number of production for all day. i was trying to with a one-shot function and addition function and counter. but i can't make it properly.

so if anyone can help me how to do the ladder diagram, i will be glad. and also i need to display the total number of products. which display i should use? im very new in automation world.

i am using omron cx-program.

thanks again

Add a rung with your condition and add an output instruction "@++D100"

This will give you an increment on one in the address D100 whenever your rung go from false to true.

You didn't mentioned what plc, the above rung is valid for CJ/CS series plc

i am using CJ1M . thanks for that. let me try and come back.
can you tell me which display i can use for this

I would use a NS series Display, have been a preferred one recently, but you have many choices of brands, models, it all depend on your budget, comm and other preferences.

budget is not a problem. but i dont want use touch screen. any normal digital display which showing only the total number and with a reset button thats fine by me.

If you don't already have a display then adding one for only this function would be more than it is worth. Add an external counter. Tie it to an appropriate signal that only happens once per cycle.

The CUB5 is an example. There may be more appropriate ones more available to your location.

I agree with Bernie there are plenty of digital counters that can count running hours using a PLC and HMI for this is overkill

I agree with Bernie there are plenty of digital counters that can count running hours using a PLC and HMI for this is overkill

But with a PLC and HMI he could do things like graph daily production, show down time, show expected and actual machine production, alert operators and supervisors when a machine is running below expected rates, show production trends over the course of multiple days, etc.

It's a very handy thing to do in production, everyone seems to enjoy it (except a few operators who felt that the machine was tattling on them.)

True enough but his post only indicated a need for daily running hours. In which case there are far cheaper solutions than a PLC and HMI.
Further detail from the poster would be helpful.

thank you all for your advises. i should tell you, this counting thing is a part of a program. and my director wants everything run by plc . he just bought the factory. all the machines are relay logic system. so i am changing and upgrading everything to plc.

so i am going to look for digital counter display.
and what tharon wrote , thats my next project for the indifferent factory.
thank you all