Modicum m340 error new to Modicum

mordred

I started working for a new company, After 12 years finally decided to move on.
Anyways we have a Modicum M340 Telemecanique PLC the program is indicating a stop condition (flashing run light)
also showing is a solid red I/O error on an analog input card 4 channel. In this case it appears to be channel one.
As I have never worked with this series before I have a couple of questions.

the solid red LED is this an indication of a blown card or is i resettable?

Also I have downloaded a trial version of the Unity pro software. (this is the only unit we will likely be working on so buying a full version is overkill)

Is the USB port the correct programming port the other two ports I have is the ethernet and the modbus.

Is the USB port the correct programming port the other two ports I have is the ethernet and the modbus.
You can use either USB, Ethernet or modbus as the programming port. You just set the connection under the plc menu item ('connection setup' I think)

The red light might be indicating the card has not been configured for the rack. I would attach to the plc and look at the cpu diagnostics page and the diagnostic page for the analog module
Another way to access the plc diagnostics is to use any web browser and type the cpu ethernet address into the address bar. This will bring up the cpu web page and from there select diagnostics (user name and password is USER and USER)

If only using Unity on an M340 system you would only need to buy the S version which is considerably cheaper than the full version

Thanks GeoffC will try it today This Truck that its on works for an oil field company really surprised me to see the amount of automation on thses oil field trucks lol.

I just want to add onto what Geofc said. The red light can be a couple of things. When you double click on the analogue card via configuration in unity you will get the debug and config screen of the card. It can be a faulty channel or maybe a channel is checked to be in use but nothing is connected to it.
As Geofc said you can use any of the ports to get comms. Ethernet if you have the ip_addres. If you dont easiest is to buy any usb---mini usb (5 pin) cable.

Hi Mordred..Hope Modicum was not a Freudian slip...yes on Modicon 340 and it is my favourite,the Red led on I/O means a channel is not configured but Checked in the config menu.
It can also mean a faulty transmitter on that channel(no/out of range analog input).

cheers

your guys advise was spot on.

Turned out to be a poor ground bond on the transducer signal.
reset the condition, fault autocleared, placed in run.